Pages

Thursday 8 September 2016

Rights of retired racehorses and what do you think happens to them?

The past few weeks we have been learning about persuasive speeches and how to write persuasively. 
Last week we presented our speeches, my speech was about the rights of retired racehorses. I think I did really well. I spoke clearly and I made my voice sound interesting. I think I should work on: 
moving around, not dropping my cards and speaking slower . 
I really enjoy writing speeches so the whole process was fun. I do think think that the research was hard to read as it is really sad to read about. 
Here is my speech:

5 comments:

  1. Great speech Hannah. You have some really interesting, and sad, facts. I think you moved well, maybe some more deliberate movements would make it feel purposeful rather than nervous. Ka pai for writing about something you are passionate about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Hannnah
    I totally agree that animals should not be harmed! They are apart of nature! I had to write an explanation on something I chose why animals should not be harmed. I do agree with you! I love the speech by the way! I hope to see you on my blog! http://awahononoahj.blogspot.co.nz/

    Kind Regards
    Noah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Noah,
      Thanks so much! I love to hear about other people who care.
      From Hannah

      Delete
  3. Hi Hannah!
    I loved your speech. But sadly I think there might be something wrong with the video as it freezes half way through. I love the message your sending and totally agree with it 110%. I wrote a speech also except mine was about war as a lot of people in my class were already doing speeches about animals or animal cruelty. Thanks for sharing this.

    -Ashleigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ashleigh,
      Thanks so much, I will look into how to fix the video. Your welcome!
      From Hannah

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.