Pages

Tuesday 8 March 2016

Point-of-view writing

Point-of-view
Our writing task last week was to write a short essay explaining point-of-view R.J Palacio used when writing the story “wonder”. We had to find examples from the text like Like quotes and then use Examples from the text two to back up our answers from the text. I am really enjoying the book but I did not enjoy Writing this essay. Anyway I hope you enjoy:
In the book by R.J Palacio “Wonder” it  is written in first person we know this because he says “I and My” for
example:
I know I'm no ordinary 10 year old I mean sure I do normal things like eat ice-cream I ride my bike I play ball and I have a Xbox stuff like that makes me ordinary”.


As a second example August says at the beginning of the book:
“If I found a magic lamp and had one wish I would wish that I had a normal face”


Just to sum up my story I am going to share with you this quote from the story:  

.“But I know other ordinary kids don't make other ordinary kids run away screaming in the playground”

5 comments:

  1. Glad you're enjoying the book! Good work on this essay. Essay's can be hard work (i've done a few!) but you can learn more while you do them. Did you learn or discover anything while you wrote this one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you do know that screaming at another kid is not normal, and also that it doesn't make the other kid feel good. You did well with this essay. Essay's get easier with practise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job Hannah! That was a great essay. I didn't like writing this essay either. Also I like the quote you added at the end. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is excellent work Hannah. It is a valuable skill to learn how to support your assertions with proof from the text. You have used the proof well. Do you think that by writing in the first person narrative it makes the story more engrossing? I look forward to your next blog post about this book. Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.