Pages

Thursday 7 April 2016

Van Gogh's "Starry Night".

Over the past six weeks the Year 6’s did some painting. It was collaborative art. It was fun, we were painting van Gogh’s “Starry night”. I used long dabs to make a mountain. I chose a small brush and I added more dabs of black paint to create the dark mountain. Well we were talking about how van Gogh’s earlobe came off and I came up with the quote of the week, “I love my earlobes.”

We used SOLO to describe our painting skills. My thinking is Relational because I can describe several things about van Gogh paintings and explain why I used this skill in this way. My next step is to describe how his painting skills impacted on our world and the influence he has had as an artist.

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad you love your earlobes! Your painting looks cool! What is SOLO?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you love your earlobes! Your painting looks cool! What is SOLO?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your earlobes are pretty cute. And what a great painting. I love how you all contributed to the overall painting. I'm also very impressed that you can identify which thinking you are using. What painting would you like to do next as a group? :) Mum

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been confusing myself when commenting on your friend's blog posts about this painting. I thought i had seen the original of this painting in the Musee D'Orsay in Paris but it turns out the original is in New York. You have produced the most wonderful facsimile and I love the way you have worked collaboratively. Do you have any other artworks you wish to reproduce?

    I look forward to your next blog post.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.