Pages

Friday 22 June 2018

Converting Percentages/Decimals and Fractions

Last week in maths we looked at converting Percentages, Decimals and Fractions.

I found it hard at first but when Mrs Taylor gave me this diagram-


It made it easier to understand. 

The Different lines show what to do with converting, for example:
If I was converting a Decimal into a Percentage I would times the decimal by 100 and it would give me my percentage.

And if I was converting a percentage into a fraction I would just put the percentage over 100 and it makes the right fraction.

The one that I was stuck on was converting decimals to fractions but then I understood, you need to take the numbers after the decimal point and depending on how many there are and where they are after it, you either put them over 10,100,1000...


I hope this helped you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.