Pages

Thursday 5 July 2018

My Poetry Anthology and how to write a Haiku

A couple of weeks ago we created a Poetry Anthology each and I wanted to share mine.

The easiest poem I found was Haikus-I already write a few haikus in my own time so it was fun to be able to write them in school time. The trickiest one was a shape poem because I found it difficult to find heaps of describing words for one object.

Here is how to write a Haiku:

A Haiku is made up of three lines, each line is a different number of syllables. The first line is always 5 syllables, the second line is 7 and the last line is 5 again. For example, my Haiku-The Tiniest Light goes like this-

The Tiniest Light,
It calls, whispers in the dark,
Calling us home now.

If you count Each line like this-

The Ti-ni-est Light
It calls, wisp-ers in the dark,
Call-ing us home now

You will see that the first line has five, the second line has seven, and the last line has five.

Try writing your own Haikus in the comments, I will try to reply to as many as I can!

Here is my Poetry Anthology:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.