Pages

Friday 12 January 2018

Summer Learning Journey-Week 1-Activity 3

Week 1: Activity 3


Activity 1: Write on your blog how you would feel to have eight to nine siblings.

I would feel annoyed and sad-I only have one sibling and It is annoying sometimes. I would feel like Ron Weasley off Harry Potter.

Activity 2: Write a Mihi.

Here is the template they gave me for this.  SAMPLE PEPEHA
Ko ________________________ te maunga    The mountain that I affiliate* to is…
Ko ________________________ te awa          The river that I affiliate to is….
Ko ________________________ te waka The waka that I affiliate to is…
Ko ________________________ tōku tīpuna My founding ancestor is…
Ko ________________________ tōku iwi          My tribe is…
Ko ________________________ tōku hapu My sub-tribe is…
Ko ________________________ tōku marae My marae is…
Ko ________________________ ahau I am from…
Ko________ rāua ko ___________ōku mātua  My parents are … and …
Ko ________________________ tōku ingoa. My name is …

I did not use this because most of my family is from (or is descended from):England, Australia, France, Scotland, Wales. So I do not have an iwi,marae or hapu.

Here is my Mihimihi:

Tena koutou, tena koutou, tena koutou katoa.

Ko Aoraki te maunga.

Ko Waimakariri te awa.

Kei West melton toku kainga noho.

No Hei Hei ahau.

Ko Mrs Spragg taku kaiako

Ko Mrs Taylor taku kaiako

Ko Yaldhurst toku kura.

Ko Helen raua ko Paul oku koro.

Ko Keath raua ko Wendy oku kuia.

Ko Sharon toku whaea.

Ko Dan toku matua.

Ko Asher tōku tuakana

Tekau mā tahi oku tau.

Ko Hannah toku ingoa.

No reira, tena koutou, tena koutou, tena koutou katoa.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Hannah,

    This is Jade C from the Summer Learning Journey, I'm happy to be back to read more of your blog. Are you having fun doing our activities? Let me know what you think in the comment below!

    Yes, I have one sister too and I think one is enough for me at the moment. We used to fight and argue a lot because we didn't share same interests and hobbies. We had different personalities and different ways of thinking about things. How about you? Do you have a brother or a sister? Why is she or he annoying?

    I also find it hard to make my own pepeha because I am from Korea. I was born there and came to New Zealand 10 years ago. However, I like your idea of replacing pepeha with a mihi! Did you learn it at school?

    I enjoyed reading your blog and I will come back to read more as you go through the SLJ activities!

    All the best,
    Jade C.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jade!
      Thanks for your comment!

      To be honest I am not enjoying the activities as much as I thought I would when we first had someone come to school and talk to us about it. I think next year, instead of having one topic have a whole lot of activities covering different topics and in different areas (Reading, Writing and Math ETC) with different levels because I am finding most of these quite easy and I am not interested in the topic enough to actually want to do more than I have to. Maybe for some of the writing challenges have it set up like a 100 word challenge or set a whole lot of different small topics with different creative writing things to do for reading activities or maths stuff instead of having one big topic. I think I would enjoy it better and I know lots of my friends would as well.

      I have an older brother, we don't argue we just don't agree. I did use the one we do at school every year and just addapit it a bit.

      Thanks again!
      From Hannah,
      Year 8,
      Yaldhurst Model School.

      Delete
  2. Morena Hannah.

    Good Morning Abby.

    My name is Clare and Im part of the Summer Learning Journey. Its really awesome seeing all the amazing learning you are doing. I teach in the AKO HIKO cluster which is up in the north island in Auckland.

    I love the vibrant colour on your blog, it looks like a tie die style. I have some clothes in that style so reminds me of that.
    Its really fun reading the posts you have been doing and I like this one being your own personal pepha. Have you done one of these before at school? I have written mine and said mine in Marae before which was one of the hardest things I have done. Public speaking is not my favorite thing to do. It makes me VERY nervous. But I think I am getting better at time goes on.

    Hope to see some more of your fantastic work on the SLJ in the next few weeks. You still have some time left to complete tasks to get points. Don't' forget you can comment also and get more points.

    Talk soon.

    Clare

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Clare!
      Thanks for your comment!

      I chose this stile a while back for my blog and I did like it then, I don't so much anymore but I can't change it because my teacher is the administrator for my blog. It cool if you like it though!

      I don't mind public speaking, I love performing so it isn't that much of a issue for me. I prefer persuasive speaking to Mihis and encouraging speeches though. The mihi I posted we write at school every year. I

      Thanks!
      From Hannah,
      Year 8,
      Yaldhurst Model School

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.