Pages

Thursday 25 January 2018

Summer Learning Journey: Week 1, Activity 4

Activity 1:

Listen to waiatas and choose your favorite. 

I am a Kapa Haka leader at my school so I didn't feel the need to listen to any but my favorite one to perform is probably Hareluia.

Activity 2:

List the name of a Maori game, the goal or the purpose of the game and two rules.

Last year I was on the student council, as part of that we conducted a ki o rahi tournament for all the schools in our cluster. With sport canterbury's help we got all the schools together, taught them the game and then sent them away asking them to form two teams at their schools and then bring the team's back for a tournament.

We got on stuff here.

Thanks!
Posted by Hannah.

2 comments:

  1. It has been great reading all you work for the Summer Learning Journey. Thank you for sharing information about Ki-o-rahi. The article is really great. Did you enjoy being part of that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Hannah,

    You have done so well over the course of the Summer Learning Journey; well done! I hope that you have enjoyed blogging with us.

    That is so interesting that you are a Kapa Haka leader. I was in the Kapa Haka group at my school and I really enjoyed it. Why is Hareluia your favourite to perform? Is it the actions or the words that make it your favourite?

    WOW! I read the stuff article about your Ki O Rahi tournament. That is very cool! Had you played before the tournament? How did your team do?

    Enjoy the rest of your summer holidays!

    Hazel :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.