Pages

Thursday 20 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey #1 - Fun Facts About NZ!

This is the first week of doing the summer learning journey. This week is all about the Māori creation story. It talked about how the North Island is looked at as the Fish and the South Island is looked at as Maui's Waka. The Activity we had to do was look at a bunch of fun facts about NZ and list them below.

Fun Facts About NZ!

1. Queen Elizabeth the second is the official queen of NZ. She is represented in NZ by the Governor General.
2. Kiwis are obsessed with cars. In the country there is Apox, 2.5 Million cars with only Four million people.
3. New Zealanders are called "Kiwis" but not after the fruit. After one of our many native flightless birds. We actually call what many people would call "Kiwi" "Kiwi Fruit" and if you call something a "kiwi" your ether talking about the bird or a person from NZ.

These were my fun facts about NZ! Hope you liked them, comment if you learnt anything!

Facts found on: NewZealand.com

5 comments:

  1. Wow!
    Really Getting into it Hannah,
    Kia Ora Hannah as you might Know it's me Jedi, and I just wanted to say that this post is pretty good.

    It's great that you have told the reader what this is for, in the description.
    I see that you have also, put a link to the site you have gotten your Facts from. This is really great, but it would have been a bit better if. You had just added some photos. Whether it was a photo of that sites logo. Or a pic of New Zealand. Or just added something to jazz it up.😉

    But that's my opinion.
    I have done the same post, if you would like to check it out. Just visit my blog by clicking my name above.

    Have a great christmas!
    Jedi🎄

    P.s I love the background of your blog. It's got this Hippie and Vibrant feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jedi!

      Thanks! I quite like my background as well. I will def add some photos next time.
      I hope you had a great Xmas and holiday!
      From Hannah

      Delete
  2. I did not know that there were 2.5 million cars in NZ!
    I knew we were car obsessed... but that is quite ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Hannah,

    It's great to see you join in the Summer Learning Journey! I hope you have had a wonderful Christmas and you are enjoying your school holidays. What have you been up to?

    You have listed some really interesting facts about New Zealand. I have to agree with Dan that we really are a bit over the top with cars which unfortunately isn't that great for our environment. Can you think of some ways we can use our cars less?

    Until next time, happy blogging. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emma!

      Just after christmas me and my family went to Kaiteriteri with some friends. It was fun just swimming and relaxing on the beach. Then we got home and I went to Lake Benmore with my best friend and her family. It was fun going on the bisket and we fell off only once!

      Yeh, cars are a problem but when you don't have like any public transport (except for busses) and everyone is paranoid about earthquakes there isn't too much you can do to change people's minds. We could add a tube, but that took london like 20 years so... and i'm not too sure about how it would go in an earthquake and what effect it would have on the red zones.

      Thanks for your comment!
      from Hannah

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.