Pages

Wednesday 5 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Prep 1 - England.

Today for the Summer Learning Journey Prep we were going to learn about a country we want to learn about from a list of countries. I chose to learn about England because I went there earlier this year and I really enjoyed it and I want to learn more general facts about it. I also chose England because I really want to move there when I'm older so I am very interested in it.

We had to answer five questions and then add two fun facts: 

1. The name of the capital city is London. 
2. The population of London for 2018 is 8,173,941. (Information)
3. In January, the weather in the capital city is usually between 17 and 20 degrees.
4. The capital is located in the center of the island. (Information)
5. The national language spoken in England is English. 

Fun facts: 
1. There is only a 35 kilometer gap between England and France, the countries are connected by the channel tunnel. 
2. The largest lake in england is called Windermere.


I hope you learned something! And keep a look out for some more Summer Learning Journey Prep posts. What did you learn? Comment what you did! 

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Hannah,
    This post is pretty good, it involves as to why you were making the post, and I think that all of your facts were awesome. Maybe next time to improve your blog post you could add photos. Other than that awesome post.

    Kind Regards
    Julia
    Yaldhurst Model School

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did learn something! I didn't know that France and England are only 35 km away from each other - amazing!
    If you do end up moving there, how do you think you'll go with the cold weather?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.