Pages

Thursday 21 September 2017

Five Sentence Challenge.

This week in writing my group went onto the Five Sentence Challenge website. The five sentence challenge is when you get given a picture and you have to write a story about it using only five sentences, Mrs Taylor wanted us to use power words. The trick with it is you have to pick only one part of the picture to write about. I chose the girl and the dog.
This was the picture:


This is what I wrote:

A light breeze pricked my skin, the smell of rain in the air was immanent. Sam was barking at tadpoles cutting the surface of the lake. He came bounding up to me, his slobbery tongue attacking my face. Placing one of his large, wet, dripping paws on my lap, I knew what he wanted. Giggling, I scratched him behind his velvet ears, his tail thumping the ground.

2 comments:

  1. Hannah this is very cool (I can see the similarities between Sam and a certain dog called Ruby...) If you could have picked another part of the picture what would it have been?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Dad!
      Thanks! I did base Sam on Ruby (I cant see how you noticed?) If I could have picked another part of the picture I probably would have picked the girl reading, I imagine her sitting under the weeping willow though.
      Thanks!
      From Hannah.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.